J.T. Barrett painted a masterpiece on many levels during a 56-14 spanking of Nebraska including tying his own school record with seven touchdowns responsible for while playing eight total possessions.
Barrett's record-breaking night was made possible via a crisp stat line including 27 of 33 passing for 325 yards and five touchdowns with 48 rushing yards and a pair of scores.
His seven touchdowns responsible for break down like this:
- Barrett 6-yard touchdown run on 3rd-and-3 putting OSU in front 14-0.
- Barrett 16-yard touchdown pass to K.J. Hill on a crossing route giving OSU a 21-0 lead.
- Barrett 31-yard touchdown pass to Terry McLaurin. OSU 28, Nebraska 0.
- Barrett 3-yard touchdown run to make it 35-0, good guys.
- Barrett 16-yard touchdown pass to Rashod Berry to make it 42-0 Buckeyes.
- Barrett 18-yard touchdown pass to Marcus Baugh giving Ohio State a 49-7 lead.
- Barrett 6-yard touchdown pass to K.J. Hill on 3rd-and-Goal providing the final margin; 56-14.
Barrett's big night tied his effort against Bowling Green to kick off the 2016 slate. If you're wondering, Barrett also holds down the second-most touchdowns responsible for with six against Kent State in 2014, tied with Kenny G's six versus Cal and Tony Curcillo's six against Iowa in 1951.
Barrett also has four games in which he was responsible for five total touchdowns.