Five-Star 2026 Tight End Brock Harris Calls Getting an Ohio State Offer “Amazing,” Hopes to Visit Columbus on June 6

By Garrick Hodge on May 11, 2024 at 8:40 am
Brock Harris

Ohio State tight ends coach Keenan Bailey has recruited Utah prospect Brock Harris for the past few months, but gave the prized tight end a moment he’ll remember for a while on April 21.

That’s when Bailey offered the five-star 2026 recruit a scholarship to OSU, validating the news Harris was expecting to hear before the spring was over.

“It was amazing,” Harris told Eleven Warriors of his Ohio State offer. “It’s been a long time coming. I’ve been in contact with the coaches there for a little bit. Getting the offer was really great. I really like coach Bailey, he’s definitely one of the best coaches that I’ve talked with so far. Whenever we get on the phone, he talks about my tape and gives me some coaching pointers. He’s really passionate about it.” 

A few weeks before he was offered, Harris estimated he and Bailey talked around three times per week.

“He just said because of my film and what I’ve been able to do and because I want to get coached,” Harris said of what Bailey told him about why he got the offer. “He was impressed by that. He said he wants to get me out there as soon as possible and get it going.” 

Harris says he’s paid attention to what Ryan Day has built at Ohio State and that he’s been impressed with the Buckeyes’ usage of Cade Stover over the past two years. Stover lined up both in the slot and in line at different times last season, and Harris feels he has the skill set to do the same.

“I just know that they’re building something great there right now,” Harris said. “They’re going to be one of the big powerhouses coming up. I know they get the ball to their tight end, too. Their tight end last year did great and was on the field basically every play. That definitely strikes my interest.” 

Per 247Sports’ composite rankings, Harris is the No. 22 overall prospect and the No. 2 tight end in the 2026 class. Harris is one of five tight ends Bailey has offered in that cycle along with No. 1 tight end Kendre Harrison, Xavier Tiller, Carson Sneed and Ryder Mix.

As you’d expect for a prospect of his caliber, Harris has picked up nearly 30 Division I offers. Those include Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Auburn, BYU, Cal, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Oregon State, Penn State, San Diego State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCLA, UNLV, USC, Utah, Washington, Washington State and Wisconsin.

In his sophomore season, Harris caught 55 passes for 665 yards with eight touchdowns in 10 games. The 6-foot-6, 240-pound tight end has already earned an invitation to the 2026 All-American Bowl.

Harris estimated he lined up in the slot around 60 percent of the time and played in line the other 40 percent as a sophomore. He said he feels more advanced as a pass-catcher and route runner at this stage of his career, though he’s actively working on improving as a blocker.

“I played receiver my freshman year, so taking that into account and implementing that with the tight end skills like blocking has definitely helped a lot,” Harris said.

Harris has already locked in his first visit to OSU as a recruit and will be in Columbus on June 6. 

“I’m looking forward to seeing the workouts and seeing how they do practice and things, what their offense is like up close and seeing what their tight ends are doing on just like an everyday routine of practice,” Harris said.

Harris is in no rush to make a college decision, but estimates he’ll commit sometime next summer before the start of his senior year. He added his recruitment will likely come down to how a team uses its tight ends, willingness to utilize him both in the slot and in-line, previous tight end development, style of play and academics. The Utah product says Oregon, Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, BYU and Utah are other schools that have stood out to him thus far in his recruiting process.

“I’d say they’re top-notch right now,” Harris said of OSU. “They’re really high right now. I don’t have a list in my head, but if I had to make one right now they’d be easily top 10.”

View 7 Comments