Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Hey Everyone! I'm Zack Carpenter, Eleven Warrors' New Football Recruiting Analyst — AMA

+8 HS
Zack Carpenter's picture
September 16, 2019 at 3:07pm
100 Comments

For more than 20 years, I lived in the Midwest, and my appreciation of the area had dissolved.

I moved from Atlanta to a Podunk town in central Illinois when I was 4 years old, and outside of visits to several other states in high school and college, that was all I knew. Cornfields on the left, bean fields on the right and narrow country roads. I even worked in a bean field growing up. 

I needed something else. Not desperately. But … like … desperately. 

So back in February, I finally did something I had talked about doing since I was 12 years old. I got out of Illinois and out of the Midwest. 

With a 16-hour, 1,000-mile move away from all my friends and family, I found myself in Hartford, Connecticut, an almost exact midway point between Boston and New York, to work as a sports reporter for a daily newspaper in Bristol. 

Living on the east coast wasn’t bad. I met some good, good people, and it was a nice experience overall. But it wasn’t home. Today, I feel at home. 

It’s been an absolute whirlwind, but I moved to Columbus this weekend to start my job as the Ohio State Football Recruiting Analyst at Eleven Warriors. To say I’m excited is an understatement. Not just to get back to covering college football for one of the most dedicated fan bases in the country, but also because I feel comfortable here. 

Within 15 minutes of coming to town, I already felt the Midwest vibes pouring out of Ohio, and I thought to myself, “Ahh. This is familiar!” I forgot how much I loved that. 

I know it’s only been seven months since I’ve been gone so I shouldn’t get all dramatic. Yet here I am, being dramatic. 

I’m back home, and I can’t wait to get rolling. And though it’ll be a busy day and week, I want to hear from you. I’ll do my worst at answering any questions you have, so fire away. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 100 Comments