Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Hey Everyone! I'm Colin Hass-Hill, Eleven Warriors' New Lead Basketball Reporter — AMA

0 HS
Colin Hass-Hill's picture
September 17, 2018 at 11:03am
94 Comments

I had no clue I would be back so soon.

As Kevin Harrish and I tried not to melt in the sweltering heat while sitting for hours in Ohio Stadium waiting to receive our diplomas on May 6, we discussed our futures. He had not yet been hired for his full-time job at Eleven Warriors and I was preparing for a summer internship covering the Cape Cod Baseball League for the Cape Cod Times (yes, it was as great as you'd imagine). At that point, I wasn't worried about finding a job, yet. My only concern was figuring out how to keep track of the hundreds of college baseball players I'd soon be covering.

At the time, I had no idea we'd both soon end up writing for Eleven Warriors, but I should've figured that would happen. Our roads have been remarkably similar, despite never working at the same place.

A few years ago, Kevin was hired as an intern at Eleven Warriors and I got involved with The Lantern, Ohio State's student newspaper. We both began our reporting careers covering the women's basketball team team and worked our ways up. He became a staff writer and I got hired as Assistant Sports Director at Lantern TV in 2016, then covered Ohio State for The Lantern as Sports Editor during the 2017-18 academic year.

This past year, we once again covered the women's basketball team together — he covered it for Eleven Warriors and I did so for The Lantern. Now, here we are.

I am the lead men's basketball beat reporter and will have a large role in covering the football team alongside Dan Hope, Derrick Webb, Kevin and the rest of the Eleven Warriors team. I'm beyond excited about the opportunity to be back on the Ohio State beat, this time with Eleven Warriors. Though I wasn't around to cover this chaotic summer, I have years of experience covering Ohio State and am thrilled to once again have the opportunity to report on the program.

So, I don't know if you've heard, but, uh, it'll be a busy day. Urban Meyer has a press conference scheduled for 11:45 a.m. But I'll do my best to answer any questions you have, so fire away.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 94 Comments