Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU Rose Bowl Win Stock Down-Only Edition

+2 HS
Silver Sniper's picture
January 6, 2022 at 2:43am
42 Comments

So, I’m still on a high from OSU’s very unlikely victory over Utah in the Rose Bowl. There has been so much positive momentum since with several recruits committing, a great taste in our mouths heading into next year, and just the breath of fresh air that is being able to see the Buckeyes snatch victory from the jaws of defeat! There was so much “stock up” that I could go on about, so I’m going to keep my focus on Stock Down for the game. Without further ado and all in good fun to savor the victory a bit more:

1) Stock Down: OSU’s luck winning a coin toss - I’m not a superstitious person generally, but what kind of odds come with losing 10 out of 13 coin tosses in a single year? I always get a bad feeling when we lose that toss in big games, and with how the first half went, I thought I was well on my way to my superstition coming true. Here’s to winning at least 50% of the tosses in 2022, the way coin tosses are supposed to work.

2) Stock Down: Marcus Williamson’s mid-game tweets - you probably saw that he took the middle of the game as his opportunity to quit the team and then try to pile on when the Defense was taking a pounding on the first half. Yeah, that didn’t age well. Good on the Bucks D for throwing those tweets back in his face via a 10-point second half. 

3) Stock Down: Critics of using a scholarship on Ruggles to start the year - I need to throw myself into this category of those scratching our heads when he was signed. But after icing the game with his game-winning kick, which came on the heels of an All-American performance, this was the ultimate “trust the coaches” moment for me. So happy to have my stock go down on this (as a one-time critic of this move) and enjoy the fruits of this move. 

4) Stock Down: Olave and Wilson’s importance in this game - JSN and crew had it covered. Nuff said. They’ll be seeing y’all in the 2022 season.

5) Stock Down: Chris Fowler’s time spent telling stories about the Utah players - Hey, Chris. The Buckeyes ended up looking pretty proud to play in this game as well. I bet there were some cool stories that could have been told about the Buckeyes too. 

6) Bettors who picked OSU to cover. OMG. Did Henderson not look like he was on his way to crossing that goal line on the final play before the game-winning field goal? Holy cow the sudden shift in money at the table with how that final sequence played out. The Buckeyes landed one point short of a push when they kicked that field goal and would have covered if they could have scored a final TD. 

7) Stock Down: My heart health - Listen, sitting around all day having to work from home due to covid is not doing my heart any favors, but neither is how the Buckeyes played that final game. I thought I felt a heart palpitation. I can’t take too many games like this one. Yes, it’s super fun to watch when the good guys pull it off, but I can’t do too many more of these. Let’s stick with the shellacking-type of games we put on these teams, please! This was me when we tackled Covey to end the game:

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments