Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

NFL Mock Draft-Pre NY6/Playoff Bowls

+3 HS
Spartan13's picture
December 26, 2021 at 6:34pm
14 Comments

With the playoffs and NY6 Bowl games at the end of the week and the NFL coming down to the final 2 weeks wanted to take a look at a mock draft before the final few games take place. Here are interesting picks from CBS most recent mock draft:

1.Jaguars:Kayvon Thibadeux DE Oregon-The rare repeat of #1 picks puts the Jags in a weird place. They have recently used first rounders on Kaylavon Chaisson and Josh Allen at EDGE and there isnt really a path to trade down. They should be loaded with talent for the next coach.
2.Lions:Aidan Hutchinson DE Michigan-Really cool pick where Hutchinson gets to stay home where the new regime is building up the lines where they took Penei Sewell and 2 DTs in the first 3 rounds last year. Now they get an elite DE.
5/6 Giants: Tyler Linderbaum(C Iowa) & George Karlaftis(DE Purdue)-Giants get multiple top 6 picks due to the Justin Fields trade. They are able to get a great DE and IOLto build up their line.
9 Falcons: Kenny Pickett(QB Pitt)-The Burrow model of figuring it out in your 5th year and being great is applied here to Pickett. Falcons have to move on from Ryan at some point
11/12/23: Eagles(They have the Dolphins pick from a draft trade and Colts pick from the Wentz trade)-Kyle Hamilton(S Notre Dame), Sauce Gardner(CB UC), Drake London(WR USC)-A ridiculous amount of resources for the Eagles who in this mock use it to build an elite secondary with Hamilton/Gardner and give Hurts an elite receiving core with Devonta Smith, London, and then Raegor in the slot. 
14: Saints-Jameson Williams WR Bama-Poetic draft pick as Williams is brought in the allow the Saints to potentially move on from OSU alum Michael Thomas who has struggled with injuries.
15: Browns- Garrett Wilson WR OSU- I imagine this will be a popular pick. Browns now rely on 7th rounder DPJ and 29 year old Jarvis Landry in the passing game with OBJ out. Adding Wilson could add a lot of explosiveness that the offense is lacking. 
16: Raiders-Chris Olave WR OSU-This could be a fantastic fit for the Raiders who lost Henry Ruggs to prison. They have a great TE in Darren Waller and great slot in Hunter Renfrow. Olave could complete the offensive weapons by giving them a reliable outside receiver. 
25: Bengals- Roger McCreary CB Auburn-With the Bengals likely moving on from Trae Waynes they will have to find a #1 corner and do so in the draft. I like the idea of taking a corner here but not sure I love the player. I have also grown used to drafting at the top of the first(and second round) so the caliber of player the Bengals will get in the draft is noticeably different from the past 3 years. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-top-20-qbs-...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments