I didn’t do a mock draft this week because they were becoming very similar and the combine was about to change the board drastically. Here is some info coming out from Hobson/Goodberry among others that has to do with the best NFL franchise in Ohio.
- The Burrow interview was incredible. Mike Brown himself was there likely to sign off on the pick. Burrow has insane intelligence and it came out he was part of the coaching group at LSU that game planned each week. Everybody reportedly left the room with big smiles. Hobson said he is the pick.
- Brady info he likely won’t return to New England is huge for Dalton trade watch. There are reportedly three teams who would trade for Dalton. Chicago, New England, and Tampa. Root for Phillip Rivers and Brady to not go to that group to force those teams to outbid each other. Apparently Dalton could fetch a second or third. I would settle for a fourth and be happy with a third, a second would be incredible.
- AJ Green is getting franchise tagged if they can’t agree on a long term deal.
- Bengals met multiple times with Terrell Lewis which could end up being a target at the top of the second.
- Bengals will not be signing another QB and Finley will be the backup, he was terrible but quality back ups are getting 6+ million so that money should go elsewhere.
- Rashard Lawrence from LSU May be a target and a back up/heir to Geno Atkins is a target for this draft.
- Duke Tobin/Zac Taylor were adamant they would spend in free agency. They surprisingly were very active last year in FA. I know we love crapping on the Bengals but I believe they will go after multiple starters and extend guys.
- QB Jordan Love will be a first rounder which pushes everybody else down 1 spot an helps the value of pick 33. Hopefully Love goes early which makes teams who want Jacob Eason panic and grab him in round 1