Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Bengals Mock Draft Monday 2/17

+1 HS
Spartan13's picture
February 17, 2020 at 5:47pm
36 Comments

Bengals mock draft using FanSpeak. A little info came out from Bengals insider Geoff Hobson that I will try to implement into my mock draft. Bengals are higher on their offensive line than the public is and also unlikely to draft a receiver because they are confident in resigning AJ and have Boyd, Ross, Auden Tate, and believe Drew Sample will take a big step forward next year. He believes this will be a heavy defensive draft. This is using the most recent big board from Draft Utopia

• Round 1-Joey B future hall of famer and not a dude who is cheating on his wife in a cheesecake factory parking lot(Baker)
  • Round 2-Xavier McKinney S Alabama-went with defense here and pretty happy with McKinney. This gives the Bengals a fantastic young duo at safety. Having Bates at free also allows McKinney to fill the strong role which is better for his skill set. Also considered DT Neville Gallimore. 
  • Round 3-Troy Dye LB Oregon-I have talked about it before but this is such a good spot in the draft. Tyler Johnson, Cesar Ruiz, and Jonathan Taylor were available here. I went with LB though and pairing Dye with Pratt going forward is another solid young duo. I've talked about Dye before but he is a freaky athlete who may take a year of seasoning similar to Pratt. Two good backers who can cover with two young safeties behind them, a lot to be happy about with this situation. 
  • Round 4-Adam Trautman TE Dayton-Hobson also said he does not believe Eifert will be resigned. Sample is likely in line for a good year but he isn't a high ceiling receiving target. Taylor uses lots of tight ends in his offense and Trautman is more of a receiving target and compliments Sample really well. Love this pick at the top of round 4. 
  • Round 5-Ben Bartch OT St Johns-This is a little low for him but it would be amazing to get him here. He is a D3 player who was a tight end but turned into a great tackle and then did well in the senior bowl. He will for sure need to sit a year but this dude has a high ceiling. Bartch and Williams could be bookends for a long time. Most drafts have him going in the fourth but getting him here isn't too outlandish. 

I didn't love my draft this week but this one is a homerun. These were all high ceiling players and it can turn some positions into a strength as the rebuild goes forward. Having the middle of the defense shored up with Trautman and Bartch in the fourth and fifth to bolster the offense is great. There really won't be a weakness on the team if these guys pan out. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments