Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Tress, Ohio State, and the Knicks

-9 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
December 11, 2019 at 6:26pm
18 Comments

Since Tress took over as head coach in 2001, we as diehard Buckeyes fans have been fortunate to witness the longest period of sustained excellence in Ohio State football history.

And that makes it perhaps even more painful, if possible that the other team I root for, the NY Knicks, has suffered through the longest period of losing in club history during that exact same time period.

Since the fall of 2001, the Knicks have had only two winning seasons.  They are now on coach number 13 in this 19-year period.  They have the worst winning percentage of any NBA team in the 21st century.

Just as if you told me in 2001 that Ohio State was about to go on a 17-2 run that TTUN, I would not have believed you, I would have been in equal disbelief if someone had said only two winning seasons over the next two decades for the Knicks.

The only thing the Knicks can truly claim at this point is having the worst owner in pro sports.  Well, at least I can look forward to Dec 28.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments