Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

ESPN - Best One and Done NFL Players, Includes 3 Former Buckeyes

+2 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture
November 13, 2019 at 8:08pm
10 Comments

Checking in on the OSU/'Nova game score on ESPN.com but I got distracted by the article, because who doesn't love a good internet list? I don't follow the NFL much, but names such as Maddox and Hillis piqued my interest. Biggest one and dones for each NFL team:

RB Nick Goings, 7-TD season in 2004

What happened: Goings went from fourth on the running back depth chart to starter in 2004 thanks to injuries. He responded with 821 yards and six rushing touchdowns, plus 45 catches for 394 yards and a score. During an eight-game stretch, he had an NFL-leading five 100-yard rushing games. His three-touchdown, 121-yard rushing performance against Arizona in Week 11 earned him NFC Offensive Player of the Week.

I remembered the name and the broadcast would bill him as being from OSU/Columbus, but could never recall his time at OSU. Thanks to Wikipedia, I know it's because he transferred after his freshman year to Pitt.

OLB Jonathan Newsome, 6.5-sack rookie season in 2014

What happened: The 2014 fifth-round pick had a team-high 6.5 sacks during his rookie season, which ended with the Colts reaching the AFC Championship Game. Newsome appeared to be the Colts' next pass-rushing threat when he sealed his rookie season with a strip sack of Denver's Peyton Manning in an upset victory in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Another transfer (Ball State). Looked like a promising career, was arrested for marijuana possession, cut, and has bounced around the CFL since then.

QB Terrelle Pryor, Oct. 27, 2013

What happened: On the first play from scrimmage against the Steelers, Pryor -- then a quarterback -- faked the inside handoff to Darren McFadden before taking off through a massive hole on the right side. Ninety-three yards later, he had the longest touchdown run by a quarterback in NFL history. The Raiders beat Pittsburgh 21-18 on a day in which Pryor passed for just 88 yards. But Al Davis' final draft pick -- Pryor was taken in the third round in the 2011 supplemental draft -- captured the imagination of Raider Nation in a big way.

TPeezy2 didn't transfer.....but he didn't exactly leave on his own terms. Y'all know the story, won't waste your time. My favorite part was when they said that Pryor "who was never a gifted passer," but he's 6th all time in passing at OSU so I would never say never a gifted passer...

Follow link to read more about these players or about the rest of their list.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28008681/32-nfl-one-hit-wonders-hillis-madden-cover-tyree-helmet-catch-more

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments