Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

And the Top Candidate to Replace Jay Gruden Is...

+3 HS
kmp10's picture
October 7, 2019 at 9:46am
56 Comments

Listening to ESPN this morning (I know), they were discussing Gruden's firing, Haskins' 'situation,' and possible replacements for Gruden... coaches who will bring along Haskins in a professional, productive way and allow his performance to catch up to his talent. I was in the kitchen and listening as best I could while on the phone, but I'm pretty sure I heard the female host shout "Ryan Day" when talking about the next Redskins head coach, to which Rex Ryan replied, "Ryan Day isn't gonna go there." I can't swear to that, but through the dog repeatedly throwing his ball at me and the person with whom I was chatting talking in my ear, that seems to be the sequence of events as I heard them. The list in the link below is interesting, despite there being no mention of Ryan Day, but the name at the top of the list is a bit ironic, especially considering where Haskins played college football and what he accomplished against the man Newsweek indicates is a top candidate to replace Jay Gruden.

https://www.newsweek.com/sports

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 56 Comments