Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Daniel Jones Named NY Giants Starting QB...

+7 HS
BuckeyeInOrlando's picture
September 17, 2019 at 11:11am
64 Comments

Everybody's most overrated draft pick (because he was drafted ahead of Haskins) is officially replacing everyone's favorite Patriot killer (or is that Nick Foles??) Eli Manning as starting QB for the Giants.

From the release:

“Eli and I spoke this morning,” Shurmur said. “I told him that we are making a change and going with Daniel as the starter. I also talked to Daniel. Eli was obviously disappointed, as you would expect, but he said he would be what he has always been, a good teammate, and continue to prepare to help this team win games. Daniel understands the challenge at hand, and he will be ready to play on Sunday.”

Jones was outstanding in the preseason. In four games, he completed 29 of 34 passes (85.3%) for 416 yards, two touchdowns, no interceptions and a glittering 137.2 rating.

I think Daniel Jones is about to find out that NFL preseason defenses and NFL regular season defenses aren't quite the same thing.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 64 Comments