Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Elliott's Side looking up - Possible NFL Exec Conspiracy

+16 HS
BAR43's picture
September 1, 2017 at 8:03am
64 Comments

Elliot’s saga continues, but looks more promising on his side and less so for the NFL.

See article: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20526330/nflpa-requests-restraining-o...

Summary:

-NFLPA are requesting temp restraining order in attempt to block any suspension upheld by NFL arbitrator (Henderson). Siting appeal process was “fundamentally unfair”.

-If suspension is upheld the court can decided to delay suspension until it reviews matter, allowing Elliott play during process

-NFLPA accuses the senior NFL execs of an “orchestrated conspiracy to hide factual information which would exonerate Elliott”.

-Kia Wright Roberts, the NFL's director of investigations, testified Tuesday that she was the only NFL employee who interviewed the running back's accuser, Tiffany Thompson, during the investigation and that she would not have recommended discipline for Elliott based on what she found.

-Roberts told Lisa Friel, who investigates domestic violence cases for the NFL, of her views, but was never allowed to convey them to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell or the "independent advisors."

-Henderson denied Thompson (Elliott’s accuser) from testifying in the appeal process.

-Henderson also refused to have Goodell testify in hopes it would be determine whether the commissioner was aware of the co-lead investigators (Roberts) conclusion of lack of credible evidence under the leagues personal conduct policy

I for one, have thought this was a witch hunt from the get go. I am not saying Elliott is perfect or necessarily innocent, but there is a complete lack of human rights and due process here. It is appalling to see how the NFL has handled this, yet not surprising at all. The NFL has once again shown they are all about appearance, and no substance, as they slander one of their own employees as if to take a stance on a serious topic they have blundered in the past. Even though most of society believes an accusation means the person is guilty until proven innocent, the NFL cannot bypass due process in an attempt to “improve” their image while destroying Elliott’s.  I really enjoy watching my buckeyes play at the next level, but this was the last straw for me as I refuse to watch the NFL this season. Goodell and the entire NFL are a joke, and not a funny one.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 64 Comments