Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Any US Soccer fans here?

+4 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
October 6, 2016 at 3:45pm
87 Comments

My two favorite sports are college football and soccer (or football, when I'm with my Belgian extended family), and the only team outside of the Ohio State Buckeyes that comes close to winning my full devotion and concern is the US Men's National Soccer Team. Recent events and some new young players (such as Christian Pulisic, AKA the American Messi, a comparison that is sometimes tongue-in-cheek and sometimes dead serious depending on the person) have made me incredibly optimistic for what the sport of soccer can become in America. Right now Major League Soccer is edging closer and closer toward turning a major profit and gaining relevance in news media, and the perception of American soccer in other countries is becoming more positive.

I guess I'm wondering if there are others on this forum who share my enthusiasm for the growth of the beautiful game in America and the US national team.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 87 Comments