Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Joey Votto- Cool or Not Cool : Grabs fan's shirt in disgust

+3 HS
KBonay's picture
August 3, 2016 at 12:36am
74 Comments

Joey Votto lost his cool when he felt a fan interfered with him fielding a foul ball.  He grabs the fans shirt (presumably to show the logo) to express his displeasure. 

He later signed a ball and posed for a picture with the fan.  The ball reads something like 'Thanks for being so understanding when I acted out of character'.

He even went a step further and owned up to his 'mistake' and took full responsibility.  Personally, I have more respect for him stepping up to address the issue and apologize.
"I made a big mistake by crossing the fan-field, or the stands-field boundaries. I ended up semi going into the stands to make a catch and I misplayed it and I took my frustration out on a fan. First of all, I should've made the catch regardless, he stayed in the stands, I crossed the boundaries and touched his shirt. I felt really bad about it afterwards. Randy is his name, I went up and saw him afterwards. He was generous enough to apologize at the time and afterwards. In retrospect, he's not the one that should be apologizing, he's just trying to catch a ball and here I am bullying him. In that instance, I don't feel a responsibility to be a, what's the word, some sort of example or anything like that, but I do feel like to treat my fellow man with respect and I felt like I was in the wrong completely there so I was certainly regretful. He was forgiving and I would like to think all is good and the guy ended up striking out anyway so it was a zero."

Full story with video here @ MLB

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 74 Comments