Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

The Choking Warriors

+18 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
June 20, 2016 at 12:15pm
131 Comments

A great Deadspin piece on the Warriors by Drew Magary.  A team he refers to as shitbags. 

I can’t believe I liked this team a month ago. But between Draymond punching everyone in the dick, and trophy-humping owner Joe Lacob trying to take credit for their success, and Steph Curry tossing around ill-advised behind-the-back passes (I swear that Curry believes he needs to take longer shots and attempt dumber passes in order to regain his mojo any time he loses it), and Ayesha Curry truthering away losses, and our own Kevin Draper turning any mention of his team into an opportunity to give the rest of the Deadspin staff a tutorial about how the game of basketball works, these fuckfaces have fallen from grace faster than Chewbacca Mom. It’s the fastest heel turn in sports since … since, well, LeBron left Cleveland the first time.

The Warriors deserved to lose just as much as Cleveland deserved to win.  Late in the game Steph Curry pulled the ultimate slap in the face move when he attempted an absolutely unnecessary behind-the-back pass.  LBJ hit a three following that.  Steph Curry used to be likable.  Until he wasn't.  He used to just shoot and hustle to the other end of the floor.  And now?  Now he stares down the opposing bench while the ball is in the air.  He taunts and dances like he's in Footloose.

And so we close out this NBA season by offering a hearty FUCK YOU to these pathetic underachievers for failing to live up to their own impossibly high standards. Fuck Curry. Fuck him trotting his kids out every night and inevitably turning them into little Jaden Smiths in the process.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Read the rest of the piece here.  It's a gem.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 131 Comments