Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

D'Angelo + the Lakers = what the ?

0 HS
steve-OH's picture
November 11, 2015 at 9:25am
42 Comments

Well, I think deep down we all knew that the Lakers could be a terrible place for D'Angelo to land. As much as I liked the idea of him being in the spotlight in LA, that place is dysfunctional. Byron Scott is clueless as a coach too.

Clearly Russell has some growing to do as a 19 year old rookie, but the situation and coaching in LA isn't helping. He makes his share of mistakes and has some defensive plays where you wonder if he was paying attention, but the kid's talent is on display regardless of bad coaching and rookie mistakes. 

This article discusses some of that.

If the Scott continues to make Russell ride the pine and stunt his development in pursuit of a 30-win season rather than a 27-win one, the negative effects could reverberate for years to come.

I've made a point to watch some Lakers games and it's obvious that Scott has no idea how to put the right personnel on the floor. He really just doesn't know how to use the guys he has. 

article - http://deadspin.com/what-the-hell-are-the-lakers-doing-with-dangelo-russ...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments