Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Funny Story about Urban Meyer

0 HS
Redlegs1000's picture
April 14, 2015 at 2:34pm
41 Comments

I just thought I'd share this story about UFM and his kid's baseball team (Nate). My nephew played travel baseball for the Westerville Warhawks and had a doubleheader against Nate's travel team from Upper Arlington (or it could have been Dublin). The first game my nephew's team crushed Nate's team handily in a run-rule while the second one was very close.

I should preface by saying that the entire day, UFM was pacing around the entire facility where the game was being played. He was clearly stressed out about not being able to coach and merely watch his son play a tough contest.

The second game of the doubleheader came down to the last at bat. It was the bottom of the last inning and Westerville was at the plate down a run with two outs and a man on third. Batter approached the plate when out of no where, a voice came booming from the from the other team's bleachers, "MOVE THE INFIELD IN, THEY'RE TOO FAR OUT!". Sure enough, there was Urban Muthalovin Meyer, coaching from the sidelines. As quick as shotgun fearing bunnies the little infielders scampered closer to the infield. Fortunately for us, the batter hit a walk-off, seeing-eye-single, and scored the runner from third winning the game.

I know Meyer had a Cup-of-Joe in the minors and knew UFM knew the game, but I thought it was totally entertaining to watch him try to contain himself for around 7 hours of baseball that day. The added bonus was seeing the head coach actually shrivel when conceding to the coaching greatness that is Urban F. Meyer, head coach of The Undisputed Champion, Ohio State Buckeyes.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments