Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Addressing Defensive Backs in 2021 Recruiting Cycle

0 HS
MillyWellsie's picture
March 11, 2020 at 3:56pm
20 Comments

In the next 2 years, we'll have 5 defensive backs graduating/declaring for the NFL Draft. This group of 5 will probably be our starting defensive back unit for the next 1-2 years, which shows just how much we need to get some elite DB prospects within the 2021 recruiting class. Don't get me wrong, I love the guys we have behind those upperclassmen and think they'll have successful careers, but we really only have 3 current freshmen and sophomore cornerbacks, so depth is an issue. 

With Jordan Hancock committing to Clemson today, I feel like it stresses our need to get elite defensive backs on to campus ASAP and hopefully a few commitments in the coming months. Out of all the players Ohio State is currently recruiting to play defensive back, who do you guys feel we have a good shot to land?

I feel like our best bets come down to these 6: Tony Grimes (CB), Jakailin Johnson CB, Jaylin Davies (CB), Andre Turrentine (CB), Jantzen Dunn (ATH), and Derrick Davis (S). I'm not saying we're getting these players, just that they are currently the prospects we are highest on as of now (to the best of my knowledge). 

For me, I think Johnson, Dunn, and Davis will be our final DB commits for 2021. Heads up, I've realized I forgot to add Devonta Smith to this list, he's probably the most likely to commit when an offer gets sent his way.

Who do you think we get? Including any additional players I may have left off. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments