Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Anybody Think Darius Bazley Regretting His Comments About Ohio State Hoops?

+5 HS
BAJ's picture
January 25, 2018 at 10:16am
38 Comments

Remember when he said this. Per USA Today 

“Ohio State, they didn’t make the NCAA tournament this year,” Bazley said. “They didn’t even make the NIT, which is unfortunate, but I looked into the recruits they have coming into next year, they didn’t look too good for the future. So I felt like when my class came in, yeah, we would’ve been OK, but good enough to make the tournament? I don’t know. I just felt as if I was to de-commit, actually take my time, figure everything out it would just be a lot better.”

Now at the time I understood because the team was not playing well. However look at the teams now. Ohio St is one of the hottest teams in the country, 18-4 and ranked 13th and as of now looking at a 3 seed with the chance to get an even higher seed in the NCAA tournament with the 22nd ranked recruiting class coming in. Syracuse who he signed with is 14-6, not ranked and as of now one of the last 4 in, and has the 21st ranked recruiting class coming in. I just wonder if he regrets his comments, and what he is thinking of the turnaround Ohio St has made.

Now consider last year, sure Ohio State went 17-15, however Syracuse didnt do much better and went 19-15, now yes they went to the NIT, but they are looking like they may get left out of the tourney again this year. I am just wondering if he may be second guessing his decision, or regretting his decision, not that it matters since he is signed. 

And before anyone starts I am not bashing the kid, and yes sometimes 16-17 year olds say some not so smart things, I mean I know people in their 80's who dont always say smart things.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments