Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Is Herman scared of TexOhio pipeline?

+2 HS
Txsbuckeye's picture
February 3, 2017 at 12:04pm
55 Comments

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18598745/inside-tom-her...

interesting piece on espn about herman and texas signing day. Several times Ohio State is mentioned in article. Maybe I am reading too much into this, but it seems that we have their full attention and they consider us a HUGE threat. 

"The Texas they know is much different than the Texas that we know," Herman said. "So we've got to show them what Texas is capable of. We've got to show them what Texas can be. We have to get out in front of it, and you have to make sure that the three of the top six players in the state of Texas don't leave the state again. Our mission has to be to keep the best players in the state of Texas in the state of Texas."

we signed 3 of the top 6 from texas, but 8 of the top 10 left the state. It seems like he has identified Ohio State as the main threat. Also, apparently we went hard at their top receiver

"The same was true with Damion. Not a lot of people know Ohio State came after him hard and wanted him to go on a visit, but he and his family believed in us and what we're going to do here."

i think there is a lotmore going on behind the scenes too. I assume Wilson will be the guy recruiting Texas with his connections built from his time at Oklahoma. I think we have a good chance of getting about 3 of the top 20 players from Texas every year. The Big 12 is on the way down and recruits are seeing that. Herman is desperate to stop the bleeding - i think its just too late. The more Texas recruits see our texas kids succeeding, the wider the flood gates open. 

#TexOhio

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 55 Comments