Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

RB Recruiting for 2018

+1 HS
Diz_20Buckeyes's picture
November 27, 2016 at 1:59am
37 Comments

Looking into the the 2017 class Im pretty sure everyone assumed that we will just hold onto Dobbins with the very slight possibility to land Akers as well. Well time has passed I'm pretty sure Akers is out leaving us with just one RB in the class and a very short depth chart when it comes to the RB position. Something I have recently noticed though is the insane intrigue is starting to pick up to play RB at tOSU lately (my guess is due to Zeke's success).

This is where we look into the 2018 class. This list continues to grow and these are the recruits that are many think could be in the class.

1. Jaelen Gill: (#2 APB 5*) this is the obvious choice and many think he will end up being a buckeye being so close to home the only real question is will he stick with baseball or play both.
  2. Zamir White: (#1 RB 5*) the man is a man among boys, he is favored to stay in the on the east coast or the south with Clemson and Georgia being the favored CB's right now, but he has taken great notice into what OSU has to offer outside of football.
  3. Brian Snead: (#6 RB 4*) this was a big surprise commit at Friday Night lights this summer and he has great talent. Many speculate whether he will stick though being a florida boy and it being so early in the process, but he seems happy with his decision so far.
  4. Ricky Slade: (#1 APB 5*) he plays a lot like Gill does in how he runs with a lot of agility and a quick burst of speed, OSU currently leads in CB's for him, but news on him as of late has been very minimal.
  5. Lorenzo Lingard: (#2 RB 5*) this is new name in recruiting coming to the buckeye recruiting board. He was at the TTUN game yesterday and stated that OSU is now his new number 1 on his list. He is another Big tall running back that has break away speed and agility just like Zamir.

I bring this all up because I am wondering with the RB depth chart being so short how many RB's do they take in 2018? It was assumed they would indeed take 2 because they missed out in 2017, but would they take 3 with all of these other big names on the board like this in 2018 especially considering they already have one in the fold? I know it's a little far ahead, but just wanted to hear everyone's opinion on the RB class.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 37 Comments