Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Chances of a Hardman #BOOM?

+1 HS
BuckeyeGuyTilTheDayIDie's picture
February 2, 2016 at 9:29am
137 Comments

For the most part, I think everyone can agree this class has been an absolute success. Adding the likes of Haskins, Victor, Jones, and now Fuller down the stretch has truly solidified another fantastic recruiting trail for our program and the best damn coach in the land, Urban Meyer.

However, with 48 hours to go, the one last recruit that I've been watching closely since his visit to Ohio State is Elberton, Georgia's and number one Athlete in the 2016 Class, Mecole Hardman. 

Now, I know it is a stretch to say that someone who has never had an in home visit from the Ohio State coaching staff, and has only been to Columbus once, may commit away from in state school Georgia. But let's look at a timeline of events with Mecole...

- January 3rd: Hardman announces Alabama as leader in recruiting

- January 15th: Hardman officially visits Ohio State University 

- January 18th: Hardman posts new list of schools in the running for his recruitment

Updated List

- January 18th: Hardman uploads new Twitter banner

- January 18th: Hardman responds to Haskins tweet with an interesting statement

Dwayne Haskins, Jr  ‏@DH_simba7  Jan 18..."Trigger fingers turn to Twitter fingers #Shhh"

Mecole Hardman Jr.‏@iiAm_Mesho Jan 18..."@dh_simba7 Just think what gone happen next weekend can happen for 4 years" 

- January 26th: Hardman once again, uploads new twitter banner. This time with Haskins passing to Hardman in Ohio State Jerseys.

- January 31st: Mecole Hardman plays with Dwayne Haskins at International Bowl.

I realize how unlikely it is that Ohio State lands the number one recruit in Mecole Hardman. I realize most of my argument are very small and subtle acts from a senior in High School. But that being said, if there is one coach that could pull a recruit from a school that is in a transition at head coach, such as Georgia and the leaving of Mark Richt, it could be Urban Meyer.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 137 Comments