Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Saw Fickell/Coombs/LJS with a recruit (maybe?).

0 HS
Rapping Bum's picture
April 18, 2014 at 9:22am
18 Comments

To preface this, I work on campus at about Neil/10th.  

I was pretty hungry this morning, running a little late so I didn't have time to make my breakfast at home.  Ring up Hangover Easy, order a Dirty Sanchez w/ an English Muffin.  It was a little dry, but I digress.  Go to pick it up, and walk in.  Sitting right in the middle of the restaurant are Larry Johnson Sr (he is a big man, even sitting down), Kerry Coombs, Luke Fickell, some guy wearing glasses w/ an OSU polo on (compliance officer, maybe?), and who I am assuming was a recruit.  

Said recruit was wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt, and gray sweatpants, but I only saw the back of his head.  I overhead (okay, eavesdropped) in on their conversation - from what I can remember Coombs/Fickell did most of the talking, and Coombs asked this young man what he thought of his QB (assuming HS teammate), kid said he was hard working, etc.  Anyways, check comes, waitress puts it down and LJ said two checks, which Fickell confirmed saying that he/Coombs/LJS/glasses were on one check, young man on his own.

This all happened in about one minute, while I was waiting to sign the receipt for my food.  My question is, who was this recruit?  Does anyone know?  I can tell you it was NOT Matthew Burrell, b/c the kid did not have dreads.  A short afro, I guess?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments