Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Build-A-Team: What is Your Ultimate Combination of Offense, Defense, Coach, Special Teams K/Returner?

+2 HS
milhouse4588's picture
December 12, 2023 at 10:05am
59 Comments

Build your ultimate team to compete in today's era of college football. You choose:

1. One offensive unit
  2. One defensive unit
  3. One head coach (from a single season)
  4. One kicker
  5. One returner

One important note: injuries are still in place. So the 2022 offense would still have JSN hurt for the season, as an example.

My choices:

Offense: I think this will come down to only one or two choices for most people, but we'll see. I choose the 2021 offense. We had some issues running the ball but a fully healthy Trey with Olave/Wilson/JSN at receiver is just too dangerous. This is still the greatest collection of skill players we've had over the course of a season, imo.

Defense: 2019. This was a tough choice. The 2002 and 2014 defenses came to mind immediately for obvious reasons, but after looking at the roster for 2002 I'm not sure how well those corners hold up against some of the elite passing offenses today. The 2014 defense was extremely talented and having Joey Bosa on the line with Darron Lee wrecking havoc would be so fun to watch. I think this defense would hold up better in today's football. But 2019 was extremely elite and with the HC being who I have below the right players would be on the field.

Head Coach: Urban Meyer 2014. I actually like Ryan Day as a head coach better because I think he has a better tendency to make changes when needed. But if I needed a coach for a single season I'm taking Urban Meyer from the 2014 season. He was still flexible enough to change his offense as needed and watching him at the helm of a team with a passer like CJ Stroud with those receivers and Trey in the backfield would have been incredible.

Kicker: Nugest. End stop.

Returner: Ted Ginn. Easiest choice and the unanimous choice I assume.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 59 Comments