Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Care/Don't Care: Three Things After Minnesota

+15 HS
milhouse4588's picture
November 18, 2023 at 7:21pm
52 Comments

Care: The MSU Effect

Just like in 2021 we crush MSU and come out feeling like world beaters.

Turns out they were just that bad, again.

Minnesota isn't a good team, but their defense is much better than MSU's. Our run game was great tonight but our passing game still exhibited the same issues it has all season.

McCord has improved but his weaknesses are still very exploitable by a good defense. He can't read zone well and he is inaccurate on the easy passes far too often.

We gets a lot of shit, but he deserves a lot of it even after his improvement. Tonight we rode the run because we could, and McCord wasn't throwing the ball well enough consistently. His long pass to Egbuka was a beauty, then he goes and has three straight misfires including one that should have been intercepted BY A LINEMAN.

Against Michigan this McCord will not win the game if it comes down to him. He had every weapon at his disposal and couldn't capitalize in the red zone because of poor passes and looked off the whole game.

Don't Care: Michigan's close win

Plenty of thoughts arise after this game. Michigan looked weak in places, is it the missing coaches? Were they holding back until they couldn't?

None of it matters.

The Game has no rules and expectations don't apply. Michigan is a team desperate to prove their place, a cornered beast. We just had two easy games at home before entering their lair.

We are going to get punched in the mouth. How will we respond? I'm less worried about our defense as they have been exceptional this year at playing their roles. The offense I'm concerned with if McCord is jumpy in a hostile environment with so much pressure on him.

We shall see. Today's game meant very little.

Care: Jack Sawyers Ascension

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he get crushed on these boards for a good portion of the early season? Because he's playing like one of our best linemen right now.

We knew JT would be good. We knew Tyleik had the potential and played like it in limited fashion. We knew about Mike Hall. But Sawyer was the guy everyone seemed to have passed on.

Fuck was that wrong. He has been an animal in rush defense. His pass rushing has improved dramatically. He is the most improved player on defense from the start of the season to now, imo.

What a great time to see that man show up. We need him.

Don't Care: For Josh Fryar.

It may not have been the whole game. It may have been a dumb play. But Josh Fryar is worth at least one absolutely terrible play per game that results in a sack (except against a terrible MSU). And tonight's play right before halftime was fucking awful.

We don't have anyone better and I understand that. But how can someone be so consistently unreliable over the course of a season? I know what to expect and I am not susprised anymore but it makes me sad.

Care: It's Michigan week.

Yes, I used the letter that should not be used. I will refrain after this post if I can.

The entire season has been appetizers. We knew this. We wanted this. We have arrived at this.

Michigan is mired in turmoil and has nothing to lose. We are both undefeated as it should be and the fate of very large narratives of each program and the conference lie in the outcome of The Game.

I know our team has what it takes. The question is: will we be out coached like we were the last couple of seasons? I think no, right now. Our coaches have been calling games at an elite level recently to overcome our weaknesses and amplify our strengths (ignoring you, Fleming).

LETS. FUCKING. GO.

Don't Care: everything else.

Rankings don't matter. Feelings don't matter. The Scandal doesn't matter.

We accomplished everything we've wanted to so far this season. It's time to take things more seriously than ever and our team is ready.

Block the Noise. Bring the pain.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments