Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

How Bright Is Our Future at QB? (Short Term)

+7 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture
November 8, 2023 at 1:24pm
95 Comments

Looking over the "Arch Manning" thread, there was a comment made about there being no need for OSU to enter the portal, because "our future at QB looks damn good now". Based on what? Generally, I would agree, but with context, I think that future is beyond next year. We were saying something similar to this last season: "After Stroud leaves, we have 5* Kyle McCord and high 4* Devin Brown waiting in the wings. Our future at QB looks damn good now."

We didn't see a ton of McCord before this season and we didn't see anything of Devin Brown.

We have never seen Kienholz play (he could make a giant leap next year). Air Noland is not starting as a true freshman. And then you have McCord and Devin Brown again, unless one of them transfers. Sure, McCord has been serviceable but we would all agree that his ceiling likely doesn't go much higher than this, our offense has been held back compared to what we are used to at that position, and I am sure that even Ryan Day thinks that two seasons of McCord would be too many.

So, unless we are magically getting a transfer QB that I don't know about, how do we KNOW our future at QB next year looks "damn good" in 2024?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 95 Comments