Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Care/Don't Care: Three Things After Indiana

+11 HS
milhouse4588's picture
September 2, 2023 at 9:13pm
69 Comments

Did this last year and it resulted in some good conversation so thought I'd do it again. My relatively immediate thoughts after each game without many updates from the team or my internal marinating.

Care: we left with a win

Let's get this out of the way first: we won. That's something a lot of teams would be happy with this weekend. Aside form your thoughts on the quality of win or how we got there, we won. Best part about being 1-0 is the chance to go 2-0.

Dont care: Indiana's home crowd

Meh. Just meh. Got loud sometimes but that place just isn't intimidating

Care: We need to decide on a QB

I absolutely don't think Devin Brown got a fair shot today. His first series was called terribly and thst QB run was predictable even to me. I called it to my dad 30 seconds before the snap. However, McCord clearly has Day's confidence moreso than Brown. He needs to end the competition now and let McCord be the guy. It will benefit everyone.

Don't Care: Perception after this game

There is going to be a lot of negative talk on this board and in the media about the Buckeyes after this game. Nobody should give a shit. We are breaking in 3 of the 4 most important jobs on offense and we beat a team by 20. Let's move on and learn. There is so much greatness on this team that the negative stuff has to be ignored.

Care: short yardage woes

Is this really going to be a thing again? I'm very optimistic about this team and as a fan, but we seriously haven't fixed this issues we had the last two years? Not being able to convert against a team like Indiana is a problem. The next two weeks will not give us an accurate read on our capability. Better get it fixed ASAP.

Don't care: Lack of downfield passing

We didn't do much in the passing game today. And that's okay. We especially didn't pass the ball downfield much at all. And that's okay too. I'm glad McCord played most of the game becuase he is likely our season-long starter. We will pass downfield and make our receivers look like the world beaters they are. This game was all about getting McCord comfortable and I think we did just that for the most part. The next two weeks we'll be able to expand the playbook significantly.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 69 Comments