College football is right around the corner and with the conference wars going on in expansion/TV it will likely be a huge narrative building year for the B1G/SEC. Here are the top non conference games for the conference and let’s see predictions
- Notre Dame @ OSU-Probably the biggest non conference game of the year. Winner has the inside track for the #1 overall seed and the loser will have to win out for a playoff spot. OSU is a massive 14.5 point favorite
- PSU @ Auburn-Interesting B1G/SEC game. Neither is the favorite to win the conference but winner will probably stay ranked through the year and be a boost. PSU is about a 1 point road favorite
- MSU @ Washington-UW is breaking in a new coach while MSU has to quickly reload its transfer heavy team from last year. MSU is about a 3.5 point favorite on the road
- Washington State @ Wisconsin- This should be a blowout for Wisky and you don’t want to see the division favorite lose in the noncon. Wisky is a 17 point favorite
- ISU @ Iowa-Iowa survived the best ISU team ever and now looks to continue its dominance in the rivalry. This would be big for OSUs SOS to potentially add another ranked team.
- Oklahoma @ Nebraska-A surprisingly close game last year and Nebraska should be better while OU brings in a new coach. They aren’t expected to win but this could be monumental for that program. OU is a 4.5 point favorite
- SMU @ Maryland- Important for bowl eligibility
- Colorado @ Minnesota- Should be a comfortable home win against another P5 team. Minny could be a sneaky good team.