Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

Who is Fong? Part II (sort Of)

+36 HS
Fong's picture
December 13, 2021 at 8:26am
29 Comments

Many of you will remember back in 2014 when a forum topic entitled "Who is Fong?" gained some traction first in this forum, then in the mainstream media. Turns out Fong was my nephew, Christopher, who walked on and made the Ohio State football team, then won a national championship ring while on the team. 

He also had a pretty cool back story, as his dad walked out on the family, his mom (my sister) beat cancer and, crazy enough, he was a jv football player in high school with no real varsity playing time to speak of. 

Anyway, **braggy dad alert** there's going to be another Fong who is going to be a varsity athlete at Ohio State. This time it is my daughter, who recently committed to be pole vault for the Ohio State track and field team. 

Anyway, this forum and this site was incredibly supportive of my nephew, and our family genuinely appreciated it. I realize we aren't sending you another football player, but we are sending you another Buckeye athlete!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments