Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week's Question: What's Your Lifetime Record Versus Michigan in The Game?

Chris Lauderback's picture
November 22, 2021 at 8:00am
159 Comments

It's Michigan Week. And not only that, The Game will have seismic implications for both teams hunting for a conference championship and a spot in the College Football Playoff. 

This Saturday brings another chance to give your lifetime record a boost. So, what's your lifetime record in The Game? 

In addition to sharing your record, tell us which Game stands out as the most memorable and then give us an under the radar edition of The Game that you might hold in higher regard than most other fans. 

As a 47-year old turning 48 next month, my lifetime record stands at 26-19-2. Not bad but as most Teens of the Cooper Era, I dug a hole but am now living the good life. 

The 2002 contest, a 14-9 win, is most memorable for me because it paved the way for Ohio State's first national title of my lifetime and signaled Jim Tressel knew how to prepare and win The Game, giving OSU a second-straight win over Michigan for the first time since the early 1980s. 

As for an under the radar game, I always go with 1981 in Ann Arbor, which also ended in a 14-9 score thanks to a incredible scrambling touchdown run by Art Schlichter late in the fourth quarter. That game, or more specifically, that play, is my first memory of watching Ohio State games with my dad, uncle and dad's buddies. The sheer emotion and joy pouring out when Schlichter broke the plane is forever embedded in my brain. 

Here's a link to the series history if that helps you establish your lifetime record. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 159 Comments