Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Your Best "Brutally Honest" Prediction for the '21 Season

+35 HS
burger1124's picture
August 16, 2021 at 12:52pm
200 Comments

I was kind of inspired to write this after seeing a comment on the site about how the JT Barrett-era Buckeyes were inferior to what we have now, and it was written in a way that kind of implied "...and we all knew it, even then." I do think there's some truth to the fact that we all convinced ourselves that the '16 offense wasn't severely limited and that OSU wasn't going to get exposed in the playoffs, but also, like every major fanbase, we tend to look at the present through rose-colored glasses.

So in that spirit, specially after reading this excellent article on how OSU stacks up against the other title hopefuls, I think '21 may not really be our year. The defense really needs to catch up, and the complete linebacker reset has me worried. So here's a space for the most objective, honest takes on how we think the home team is going to end up this season. OSU certainly could win it all, but I see this as one of those years where they're a clear second-or-third-best team in the nation and someone else emerges as the more complete team.

So what's your best prediction for the year when you look at the landscape of college football as objectively as possible?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 200 Comments