Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Spoiled Fan Post Game Nitpick - Rutgers

+17 HS
Silver Sniper's picture
November 8, 2020 at 4:23am
82 Comments

As a spoiled OSU fan who likes to nitpick, I found a lot of silver lining this week. 

1) Big Plays by Beloved Seniors- It was so nice to see Justin Hilliard in there blowing up a receiver, forcing a fumble, and then making the recovery. He’s a play maker and has given so much to the program and earned that moment. On the other side of the ball, Demario McCall was featured on back to back plays reeling off a 12 yard carry (where any amount of explosiveness from a RB was so nice to see) and then took a pass down the sideline for nearly 30 yards. It left me wanting to see a little more Run DMC. 

2) Final Score Sucked, but...- I know the final score sucked, but this was Schiano throwing everything and the kitchen sink at OSU and the game was never in question. This is a crazy year with upsets galore and the B1G powers having been flipped on their heads. Let’s be grateful we are still dominated in a win that was only annoying because we wanted to blow them out worse. 22 points is still a blow out. Let’s also give Rutgers some credit. They opened up the playbook, gave it their all, and their success will mean a lot to them and their program. Let’s applaud the job they did.

3) Blessing in Disguise-  I think this whole thing will be a blessing in disguise where it will give OSU a lot to look at and correct going forward. This is 2020, anything can happen. Clemson got dropped, TUN is done and will likely send Harbro packing, PSU stinks. We could be 0-3 right now and have been blown out by Maryland! In the year of covid and other trash, a 3-0 start where OSU was never in any danger is a take for sure.

4) Georgia Still Kicking Themselves- Seeing what Justin Fields has become and that Georgia could have had him instead of their current walk on starter, they are kicking themselves for having bungled Justin. And rightly so. He has thrown more TDs than incompletions in 2020! Add in Olave and Wilson who are so amazing to watch, I’m wondering if we need to run the ball at all! Georgia’s loss is our gain but let’s not blink and have Justin be gone. Lets enjoy the time we have him.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 82 Comments