College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Covid vs. Concussions

-8 HS
NWMontana Buckeye's picture
October 27, 2020 at 9:25am
45 Comments

After seeing some of the brutal hits from Nebraska this past Saturday (Olave in particular), it got me thinking...  What is more dangerous for college football players, Covid or Concussions?  I think the powers of College football are complete hypocrites (especially BIG), including some media.  How quick they are to deem Covid the 'black plague' when in fact for college age students the vast majority (99%) who get covid will not have long term negative impact.  However, how many players in HS, College and Professional football will sustain head injuries this year.  I was so frustrated to hear Joel Klatt raging against the calls against Nebraska for guys being ejected for targeting without making any mention of an OSU player most likely having a concussion.  If people really care about player safety they need to be honest that head injuries are by far the biggest risk in all of football.

So, what do you guys think?  Covid or Concussions?

[Mod edit: Ohio State Football or College Sports? College Sports.]

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments