Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

PFF NFL Mock Draft(Looking at Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Clemson, and Bama)

+3 HS
Spartan13's picture
October 1, 2020 at 1:13pm
91 Comments

PFF is much more in-depth in their player evaluations that other media and have just released a mock draft. Here are some of my notes. Pick positions based on vegas odds

• Lawrence #1 to the Jets. Sewell #2 to the Giants. I dont see the Jets moving on from Darnold, only 23, with how bad their roster is. I also find it hard to believe the Giants truly still believe in Daniel Jones
  • #3-Justin Fields to Washington in what is a nightmare scenario for OSU fans. Washington is a terrible franchise that has given Haskins nothing to work with outside of Terry McLaurin. Drafting Fields would send Haskins packing to be a backup somewhere and put Fields in a position to fail. Root for Washington to get some wins to avoid this
  • #4 Bengals take Jamarr Chase. I am sure many Bengals fans will just scream to draft an offensive lineman no matter what but their isnt another elite tackle at this point after Sewell. Reaching for a lesser OL doesnt speed up the rebuild. AJ Green isnt good anymore and is in a contract year andJohn Ross cant even make the active roster. This offense lacks explosion and have really really struggled hitting the deep ball. Chase has the potential to be the best receiver in the NFL and with Boyd and Higgins looking really solid this gives the offense so much potential. It much easier to find serviceable guards and tackles than it is to find a top 5 receiver. This is the perfect pick if Sewell isnt available. 
  • #16 Browns take Michigan EDGE Kwity Paye. The idea is a very good pass rusher opposite Garrett would make the Dline pretty scary. PFF admits Kwity Paye hasnt shown he has been great but they believe he is going to take a big step forward this season.
  • Buckeyes-Justin Fields #3 Washington, Shaun Wade #24 Buffalo, #30 Wyatt Davis Jets. Chris Olave is really the only other player who can play themselves into the first round. Josh Myers should have a really good year and be a high second round pick but unless you are Wyatt Davis level its hard for an IOL to be drafted in the first round. Wade that far behind other corners is also silly.
  • Bama-Patrick Surtain CB #8, Dylan Moses LB #9, Christian Barmore DT #12, Jaylen Waddle WR #13, Devonta Smith WR #19, Alex Leatherwood OT #23. They are very very talented this year but these projections are a tad ridiculous. Moses is a really good linebacker but to be projected top 10 is just not possible, his ceiling is Kenneth Murray who was late 20s. Barmore has been hurt and has only played 200 snaps in his career this is a complete projection. Surtain isnt that much better than Wade if he is at all. The rest is realistic, Waddle is similar to Henry Ruggs, Smith may be a tad of an overestimate but he is really good, Alex Leatherwood could end up going even higher because of position value. 
  • Clemson-Trevor Lawrence #1, Travis Etienne #25. This shows how big of a drop off at talent Clemson is facing. Outside of these two on offense its really nothing special. Defensively they are young and in a similar position. 

https://t.co/tEgl2I6buY?amp=1

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 91 Comments