Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

B1G Medical Advisors? CIDRAP?

+1 HS
smith5568's picture
August 11, 2020 at 1:57pm
14 Comments

Perhaps I missed it, but has anyone seen who is advising the B1G and the University Presidents from a medical perspective regarding campuses reopening, fall sports (particularly football), etc.? I have seen reports from the SEC and ACC indicating they have consulted with their medical advisory teams and they are good to move ahead, but had not seen anything similar from B1G.

Unfortunately, after the last few days it seems like the B1G is just shooting from the hip, which is an absolute travesty if true. One of the most well respected epidemiologists in the United States, Dr. Michael Osterholm, and the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), which he founded, are at the University of Minnesota. Seems like the B1G should be leading the country with their member institution that has such well regarded experts. Instead it seems the "leaders" aren't using the resources available. 

Again, maybe I missed a release or statement indicating who the B1G and Universities are working with, but it just doesn't seem as though they are consulting even the respected professionals at a member institution. 

As an aside, I highly recommend checking out Dr. Osterholm and CIDRAP's publications. In my opinion, they have been some of the most reasonable and scientifically grounded pieces that I have been able to find. Dr. Osterholm was also on JRE shortly after the pandemic began in mid-March, which is also worth a listen. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments