Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week’s Question: Which Opposing Football Player Were You Most Afraid of Going off for a Huge Game and Beating Ohio State?

Chris Lauderback's picture
March 9, 2020 at 8:00am
84 Comments

For this week's question, your task is to recall which opposing football player gave you the most fear that he might go off against Ohio State? Were your fears realized? 

Two names immediately come to mind for me, and yes, my fears were realized both times. 

The first is Sherman Williams from Alabama. Following the 1994 regular season, the Buckeyes took on the Tide in the Citrus Bowl and Williams had a field day running for 164 yards and a touchdown with another 155 yards and a touchdown through the air. 

Alabama dominated all day but somehow the game was tied with about a minute left when Williams turned a screen pass into a 50-yard touchdown with 42 seconds left to win 24-17. 

The other guy is Sammy Watkins. I think we were all pretty nervous about what he and Tahj Boyd might do to Ohio State's shaky 2013 defense and Watkins didn't disappoint, racking up 16 catches for 227 yards in Clemson's 40-35 win over the Buckeyes in the 2014 Orange Bowl. Both totals were single-game records against the Buckeyes. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 84 Comments