Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ohio State Post-season Matchups over the Years You Most Wish Would Have Happened

+1 HS
BeatMeechigun's picture
January 28, 2020 at 5:09pm
10 Comments

1. 1998 Ohio State vs Tennessee in the Fiesta Bowl. Loved that team.

2. 2015 Ohio State vs Bama part 2. No explanation needed.

3. 2006 Ohio State vs TTUN in Glendale. At the time I wanted our old Bowl for, USC. In retrospect 41-14 wouldn’t have been the score, but given how uninspired we looked, I think the Trojans would have won. Pair the Bucks in a rematch vs TTUN and the motivation is there and we roll them.

4. 2019 Ohio State vs LSU. Only this low because it was obvious vs Clemson that Fields wasn’t close to 100%. Give me a healthy Fields and this challenges for number 1.

5. 2012 Ohio State vs ND in the Orange Bowl.  Slight nod over 2007 Ohio State vs WVU in New Orleans.

(And bc there’s been a couple on the hardwood too)

1. 1992 Ohio State vs. Cincinnati. Not only would it have meant a chance for some vengeance for 61 and 62, but it would have meant we KO’d the scummy Fab Five. If I’m super greedy, IU knocks off Duke and we get a third shot at Bobby Knight’s Hoosiers.

2. 2011 Ohio State vs. UNC. I don’t even care who awaited in the FF....our 2011 team deserved to be playing the Heels to get there.

3. 2007 Ohio State vs UCLA in the Finals. If cutting the nets for the first time since 1960 wouldn’t have been sweet enough, we get to vanquish the all time leader in championships to do it.

4. 2013 Ohio State vs Louisville. I’m not even sure Duke and UNC have ever made the same FF, but with five more points in the Elite Eight vs the Shockers, OSU and TTUN would have. That alone would have been wild.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments