Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Defensive Tackles on Scholarship - Adding Reinforcements?

+2 HS
TRich19045's picture
January 22, 2020 at 1:52pm
20 Comments

I've noticed several comments in other articles and threads about possible transfers at certain postions:  CB, DE, RB, etc.

Looking at the scholarship grid, there are only 6 defensive tackles listed:  H. Garrett, A. Jackson, J. Cage, T. Togiai, T. Vincent & J. McKenzie.  In another article, Garrett, Cage, Vincent and McKenzie were listed at one DT spot, while only Jackson and Togiai were listed at the other.  There also exists the possibility that J. Cowan, D. Henry-Young and T. Hamilton will move to DT, but they probably won't provide immediate depth.  

All this being said, do you think that DT (and nose tackle in particular) is a spot where the coaches may look at a graduate transfer?  I had this thought because I noticed that two rather large young men have decided to transfer from Texas, Gerald Wilbon (6'3" 325) and D'Andre Christmas-Giles (6'3" 315), and I am sure there are others out there and available.  Just wondering if this is a position where they are seeking more immediate depth.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments