Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2020 Ohio State NFL Draft Preparation Thread

+7 HS
Buckiowa's picture
January 14, 2020 at 7:15pm
22 Comments

Hello Fellow 11Wers! This is a thread to keep up with updates on Buckeyes that are preparing for the upcoming NFL Draft. Although we're well-aware of the future draft success of Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, and JK Dobbins, who should all be 1st round picks, I'd like to focus on some of the lesser-heralded Buckeye prospects that are trying to make their way up draft boards, particularly through pre-draft events and combines, such as the NFL Combine, the Senior Bowl, and the East-West Shrine Bowl, which give Buckeyes, as well as other prospects, the opportunity to show out in front of NFL scouts and evaluators. 

Last year, I was pleasantly surprised with the meteoric rise of Terry McLaurin, who used the Senior Bowl in order to make a huge jump from a probable 7th round/UDFA guy to being a 3rd round draft pick (and I think he should have been picked higher in hindsight). There were highlights of him absolutely dusting the CB competition he went against at these events, and it was really fun to follow along. In particular, I think that these events give a great forum for Hartline's receivers to show how great they are at technique, in spite of the fact that they don't necessarily have the production on the field to show for it. The guy that I'm predicting to have a McLaurin-like rise is Binjimen Victor, once he shows what he can do on the practice field. 

Buckeyes playing in the Senior Bowl include:

Davon Hamilton, 

Malik Harrison,

Jonah Jackson, 

KJ Hill,

In addition, Binjimen Victor and Brandon Bowen are participating in the East-West Shrine Bowl.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments