Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Way Too Early Roster Projections: The Game 2020

+10 HS
'57Champs's picture
January 9, 2020 at 1:39pm
74 Comments

We're back taking a look at the depth chart projections for next year's rendition of "The Game."  Understand these projections are extremely early, and therefore surely not accurate.  Although I'm sure I'll see Maine in the comments :)

Some Notes:

- With this starting lineup, we would actually be better than last year by an average of 0.022 rating points, or 8.8 position ranking spots.  This is mainly due to some starters last year outperforming their rating that have now moved on (ie BB Landers, Malik Harrison, Damon Arnette)

- ttun is SLIGHTLY worse than last year, but nearly identical.  They lose 0.01 rating points and 0.3 position ranking spots on the average.

- OSU positions that I'm most unsure of right now, or have heard multiple guesses already: Gill vs. fresh receivers, Ruckert vs. Farrell (although Ruckert already had more stats this last year than Farrell and more snaps against Clemson), OSU LBs remain a mystery, and FS didn't really exist this year, so I picked a 3rd corner with some versatility in TJ.

- ttun positions that I'm unsure of: some think QB battle goes to Milton (lower ranked), ZC and Haskins shared reps last year, OL replaces 4 starters, LBs.

Overall, it appears that the gap will be wider in 2020 than it was in 2019.

If interested, I can post position battles in the comments below (ie our OL vs their DL, WRs vs DBs, etc)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 74 Comments