Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Which 2020 Regular Season Game Are You Most Excited For?

+5 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
January 8, 2020 at 1:42pm
47 Comments

Looking at our next season's schedule, a few games stand out for various reasons. 

@ Oregon: This is probably the most intriguing game on our schedule and the best OOC matchup we've had since the Oklahoma home-and-home. Oregon will almost certainly be a ranked team when we play them in September, unless they drop their opener to FCS powerhouse NDSU. Oregon is going to have more question marks than we do, and while I think this one will be interesting, I really don't see it ending any other way than a resounding Buckeye victory. Another potentially tantalizing aspect to this matchup is that Oregon's schedule is pretty favorable next year, with only one road game (@Washington State) being against strong opposition. They get USC, Washington, and Stanford at home. Oregon could very well go 12-1, winning the PAC-12 and securing a rematch with Ohio State in the playoffs. 

vs Iowa: Oh boy, oh boy. This one might be the one I'm most pumped for purely on the level of payback. Iowa is going to be a decent team next year (looking at their schedule they look like an 8-4 team) but they're not a good road team, and I don't see anything but a beatdown. Still, it will be the most satisfying non-Michigan blowout win in years. I'd love to see JT Barrett smiling as he watches Fields dot the i on a 59-6 blowout with a keeper score. 

@ Penn State: I hate playing Penn State. They're almost always a good game, but not in an enjoyable way because we usually find a way of making it closer than it needs to be. I think playing at home gives Penn State a chance, but I think we pull it out once again and Penn State finishes the season 11-1 or 10-2 (depending on the outcome of the Michigan game) 

@ Illinois: Hmm...maybe I shouldn't fear Big Ten West road mojo anymore, but for some reason this game looks frightening to me. The fact that it's the week before the Michigan game and we could conceivably secure the Big Ten East with a win over Illinois (assuming we beat Penn State and Michigan has lost two conference games by that point, which is not improbable) makes me nervous about this one. I think this will be another easy win, but nothing's a given, and if nothing else this is interesting because it revives Ohio State's only trophy game, the Illibuck series. 

vs Michigan: well, you know, it's The Game after all. 

So which one is most intriguing/exciting to you? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments