Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Oregon Game Next Year

+13 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
January 1, 2020 at 8:43pm
67 Comments

So as other threads have pointed out, next year's Ohio State football schedule looks pretty, pretty winnable. Of all the games, The Game (in Columbus), @ Michigan State, @ Illinois (potentially), and vs Iowa all look like they could be possible challenges, but I feel pretty confident about running the table on the Big Ten, with maybe only @PSU giving me some worries. 

But then there's the matter of the road game against Oregon in September. 

Oregon has never beaten Ohio State, and you can bet that's going to motivate them to play their hearts out at home in what's potentially going to be a top 10 College Gameday matchup. 

Ohio State is a lock for a top 3 preseason ranking with all the talent we return on offense. Oregon just beat Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, and while they're losing their star QB and their best receiver, their defense is young, talented, and physical (read: very un-Oregon), so wouldn't be surprised if they start the season ranked 9 or 10. 

I'm personally very excited about this game, and while I think Oregon will give us a good game and we may struggle a bit on defense if our new secondary hasn't gelled yet, I really don't see us losing. 

I'm thinking Ohio State gets a statement win, 45-23

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments