Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

YouTube Channel Late Kick Analyze OSU vs Clemson 2019

+9 HS
Shane Jammie Utah's picture
December 24, 2019 at 4:07pm
31 Comments

Another analysis on OSU vs Clemson.

However, despite covering the SEC (and probably being a SEC fan), the host is refreshingly confident in the Buckeyes.

Most interesting parts of the video:

20 second mark:

"_____ hasn't  seen _____ all year. We get all that guys. We get it. Let's try and dive just a little bit deeper into the breakdown". 

-- I love that section. Just because Clemson hasn't play anybody doesn't mean they're not talented. Just because OSU hasn't play 3 first round draft pick WRs, doesn't mean OSU isn't up for the challenge.

1:29 to 3:30:

OSU's running advantage.

3:30 second mark:

Justin Fields did NOT practice before Big 10 Championship. He has been practicing.

5:30 second mark:

Clemson's advantage in WRs and how Clemson coaches are willing to throw it up for grabs.

7:25 to 10 minute mark:

OSU's offensive line is most important position outside of QBs.

"While the media looks at accolades, and they look at resumes, and [star] players, all a coaching staff does is look at film and they just grade jersey numbers essentially. I don't think Ohio State's staff looks at Clemson's jersey numbers on the defensive line and the LB positions and say 'Ehh This is a group that we're not able to run on.'/s Quite the opposite. I think they look at those jersey numbers and think they will have success."

10:45 second mark:

Clemson's biggest fear:

1. Big passing play doesn't happen, especially early on
  2. Ohio State running game eats up clock
  3. TO becomes a problem again

13:04 second mark:

OSU's biggest fear:

1. Clemson quickly scores couple of TDs early, 14-0.
    1. How do you climb back/"run back" into the game? 
  2. How do you handle 2nd and long and 3rd and long situations?
  3. Late season fumbles.
    1. Clemson has forced 28 TOs this season.

While The Late Kick predicts OSU to win the game, he has gotten me to think about OSU's greatest fears. What do you think are OSU's greatest fears?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments