Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Thank You, Urban.

+21 HS
Buckeye Nutcase's picture
November 28, 2019 at 9:26pm
35 Comments

It's Thanksgiving night and it was a great day. Nothing beats being around the people you love the most. As I'm reflecting on the things I'm thankful for, I can't help but be thankful to Urban Meyer for what he's done for Ohio State.
Ohio State was in need of a new identity after Jim Tressel resigned. I don't believe he intentionally left the program in a bad situation. I really believe he stepped down for the better of the program. Nevertheless, Ohio State was in a bad spot and needed a new identity.
With a bowl ban and the challenge of other NCAA violations he could have easily went somewhere else. Instead, he took on a monster challenge. Rebuilding Ohio State.
He brought a new style of football to Ohio State and made the Big Ten competitive with the SEC.
Thank you for a National Championship and domination over ttun.
Thank you for not leaving Ohio State high and dry. How many coaches leave their teams in a bad spot to pursue better jobs. Ex. Pete Carroll and USC, Jimbo Fisher and Florida state. Those programs are a wreck.
He changed the culture and built a system of success and created a blueprint for only elite coaches to follow. I really believe Ryan Day is an elite coach. I don't believe he would have had success this quickly if he would have went to Mississippi state.
I conclude with a big thank you. There is not a coach in America that could have came in and did what you did.
Go Bucks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments