Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. Wisconsin - This is What College Football Should Look Like

+42 HS
Large Father's picture
October 24, 2019 at 7:28pm
19 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans and Days,   

This will sound like blasphemy, but I'm not worried about the College Football Playoff.  I really don't want to hear another word about the potential scenarios, the contenders, strength of record, which league is better, style points, etc...I just want Ohio State to beat Wisconsin soundly.  That's it.

Deep down, I'm a Midwest football guy...and this is what College Football should look like.  Big, stout offensive lines...great running backs...strong, tough defensive lines.   

...and two teams that really don't like each other. 

2002:  An injured Mo C carries the ball for over 160 yards at Satan's liar...and OSU edges Wisky on a quest for the national championship

2003:  Robert Reynolds chokes Jim Sorgi; Lee Evans catches a long TD late in a dark, rainy night game in Satan's liar and OSU's consecutive win streak is snapped

2008:  With a minute left in the game, Terrelle (as a true freshman) runs for a game-winning TD in Satan's Liar

2010:  Wisky takes back the opening kickoff the length of the field and you know it's going to be a long night for the top-ranked Bucks in Satan's Liar

2011:  Four TDs are scored in the final 5 minutes; but, Braxton (as a true freshman) hits Devin Smith deep in the end zone with a minute left for the game winner

2012:  Shazier forces overtime when he causes a Wisky fumble at the goal line near the end of regulation; Carlos scores the final TD in overtime

2013: OSU withstands a late surge and over 200 yards receiving from Jared Abbrederis for a 7 point victory over the Badgers

2014: CAR! DALE! JONES!

2016: Buckeyes seal the victory with a walk off sack in overtime in Satan's liar 

2017: Ohio State wins the Big Ten Championship game...and some guy repairing the turf near the goal line trenches in Lucas Oil Stadium by himself during the middle of the game for about 20 minutes 

We're heading into the final month of conference play.  Deep in the season, every college football team is beat up and tired.  Great teams separate themselves at the end by absorbing whatever comes and imposing their will.  I'd love to see Ohio State beat Wisconsin soundly this Saturday. 

Touchdowns:  Dobbins, Fields, Olave, KJ Hill

OSU 34 Wisconsin 10

Go Bucks!  Beat Wisconsin!  BB Landers for Heisman!

Large Father

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments