College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Lynn Bowden - Making a Name for Himself at Kentucky.

+2 HS
carmenohio88's picture
October 16, 2019 at 10:33pm
19 Comments

OSU's 2017 recruiting class is one of the best classes in school history, and most of those once-heralded recruits have developed into phenomenal college football players. But as the season rolls on, one Ohio player is beginning to make a name for himself: Lynn Bowden. The former ATH from Warren Harding has turned into an all-around playmaker at Kentucky, and he's starting to draw some attention from the media. Bowden was just named to the AP's mid-season All America first team (link at end of post). This season, Lynn has recorded 30 catches for 348 yards and a touchdown. He also has shown some serious running chops, totaling 295 yards and two touchdowns on the ground, including a 196-yard, two-touchdown performance against Arkansas this past weekend. Those who follow recruiting know that Bowden was placed on the recruiting back burner due to undisclosed--and as far as I can tell, unsubstantiated--off-field concerns. As a result, Bowden told the Bucks to kick rocks, choosing to reward Kentucky for prioritizing him in their recruiting class. While I wish Bowden ended up with us, I won't let that prevent me from appreciating his success elsewhere; it's always great to see Ohio guys succeed. So, Lynn, congratulations on your success, and I hope you continue to show those boys down South that Ohio guys can compete with anyone!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments