Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. MSU - Making It Look Easy

+13 HS
Large Father's picture
October 2, 2019 at 8:27pm
26 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans and Days,   

38-0 by halftime...in a game tabbed as a potential upset before the season started.

Ohio State continues to pass the eye test...and play with an extreme sense of urgency.

They don't want to let a moment pass them by.  Last Saturday, not only did OSU not wait until halftime to make defense adjustments, they didn’t even wait for the series to be over.  Nebraska surprised the Buckeyes and went to old school wing T and I-formations gaining chunk yards on a handful of consecutive plays.  Nebraska had not shown those offensive formations for a long time and it caught OSU off guard.  The Ohio State coaches quickly called a time out. From that point on, it was shut down and Nebraska could not gain any yardage; Ohio State adjusted that quickly. 

I love that the Buckeye coaches are putting these guys in a position to succeed. They’ve had the talent for many seasons and they are loaded again, but this year OSU also immediately adapts to the opponent to make sure things look easy for the Buckeyes on the field.  We've seen Ohio State win much more often than not for many years now...but sometimes in the past, it just looked hard harder than it seemed like it needed to be.

This team still looks different from any Ohio State team I’ve seen since maybe 2006 and possibly back even further, if at all. I wasn’t alive for the 1968 Super Sophs but I think those guys made it look pretty easy too...from what I hear. I’m seeing a combination of things that make this team look dominant: the players are elite AND they are put into an advantageous position by the coaches where things look easy for them. 

We will see if the Buckeyes can continue to dominate as they get deeper into the Big 10 schedule...including this Saturday in Ohio Stadium against Michigan State in primetime.

Touchdowns:  Dobbins, Fields, Olave, KJ Hill

OSU 34 MSU 10

Go Bucks!  Beat MSU!  BB Landers for Heisman!

Papa Grande

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments