Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Thoughts on Linebackers - Borland vs Browning

+9 HS
Boomcat's picture
September 22, 2019 at 12:49am
108 Comments

Before I start off, I don't intend to be that fan who can't be happy even when his team wins by 70 points. However, one particular aspect of this team keeps driving me insane and I'd like to hear other's opinions on this.

We obviously saw the struggles early on against Miami, particularly on defense. We adjusted and pretty much dominated from the middle of the 1st onward, however when I go back and re-watch these snaps, what jumps out to me is how liberally we are substituting linebackers. Each series I saw a different combination consisting mainly of either Werner, White, Borland, Teradja, Browning, and Harrison. When I look at how we perform with Browning and Harrison on the field, I cannot understand how we do not start Browning and leave him in there for the majority of the snaps. Multiple times I saw Borland get beat or pushed around, and its incredible to me how much number 5 jumps off the TV screen in comparison. 

Does anyone else see this? What are your thoughts - if anyone with more football knowledge than me could explain why we are substituting so liberally, or perhaps just provide an opinion on what combo you think is best, I'd love to hear. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 108 Comments