Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. IU - 52-49

+13 HS
Large Father's picture
September 11, 2019 at 10:31pm
27 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans and Days, 

52-49.

I started writing these weekly predictions in 2002.  In 18 years, I have correctly predicted the score just once. That's roughly 225 predictions...one time I was actually correct. The 2012 Indiana game...52-49. 

OSU 52 IU 49.  I made that prediction in jest; leading up to that game Ohio State's defense was bad. I didn’t really think Indiana would score 49 points on Ohio State...I mean, it's Indiana.  But my joke became a reality. That game was an inflection point that season. Zach Boren moved from fullback to middle linebacker and from that point on the OSU defense was stout...and the 2012 team went undefeated after a rocky start.

I feel like we are at another inflection point with the OSU defense. In case you weren’t paying attention, Ohio State's defense was historically bad last year.  They were painful to watch.  The 2018 Buckeye defense made mediocre running backs look like superstars.  It's unfortunate that the only year we had with Dwayne Haskins was paired with that defense.  Based on what we’ve seen so far this season, the 2019 defense appears to be immensely better.  

The sample size is small, but OSU may have a championship-caliber defense again.  So far, I like what I see.  Hopefully, the Silver Bullets keep building momentum this weekend in Bloomington.

Touchdowns:  Dobbins, Fields, Olave, KJ Hill, Ruckert, Master Teague

OSU 42 IU 13

Go Bucks!  Beat IU!  BB Landers for Heisman!

Dumpy Dad

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments